What's in this new release of the Json2Ldap web service for LDAP directory access?
Configuration via Java system properties
Configuring Json2Ldap instances just became easier. Every file-based configuration property can now be overridden by a Java system property.
A Java system property can be set with the
-D java command line argument
If Json2Ldap is deployed in a Apache Tomcat web server one or more Java system properties can be passed to it by setting the CATALINA_OPTS environment variable:
export CATALINA_OPTS="-Djson2ldap.access.https.require=true" export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Djson2ldap.api.denyWriteRequests=true" export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Djson2ldap.api.denyPasswordModifyRequests=true"
Remember that characters with a special meaning in the shell, such as
;, must be escaped. Whitespace must be avoided or escaped, for instance
make sure there is no whitespace around the
= and no unescaped whitespace in
property values that are lists.
The Java system property configuration makes it easier to deploy Json2Ldap in a Docker container. Check the new Docker documentation for how to run the service in a container.
The shipped Log4j configuration was updated to enable quick setting of the desired logging level and the output (between rolling file and STDOUT) with a Java system property.
A number of libraries were updated to their latest stable versions. Check the release notes below for details.
To get the demo WAR of the new Json2Ldap 3.3.1 release go to downloads section.
If you have purchased a production license which is less than one year old or have an active updates subscription you will receive an email with instruction how to obtain the production build.
To buy a production license or update your subscription contact our sales.
version 3.3 (2020-02-24)
- Enables Json2Ldap to be configured with Java system properties, overriding settings in the "json2ldap.properties" file.
- Updates /WEB-INF/log4j.xml to support console logging. To log to the console (stdout) set the "log4j.loggers.root.appender" Java system property to "console". To set the logging level set the "log4j.loggers.root.level" Java system property to the desired level, e.g. to "debug", "info", "warn", or "error". The default level is "info".
- Updates UnboundID LDAP SDK to 4.0.14.
- Updates NimbusDS Common to 2.37.
- Updates Property Utils to 1.14.
- Updates CORS Filter to 2.9.
- Updates Log4j to 2.13.0.
version 3.3.1 (2020-03-07)
- Upgrades JSON-RPC 2.0 Access Filter to 1.6 to enable Java system properties override for json2ldap.access.*.
- Updates UnboundID LDAP SDK to 5.0.0.